Wild n Free and Wild n Free Too!

Wild n Free and Wild n Free Too!
Available from Amazon

Thursday 7 June 2012

Humbled

What a lovely day I had at the Hay Festival yesterday, even in the rain.
In the morning I saw Francis Ashcroft lecturing about physiology and her new book called The Spark of Life, it was a biology lesson and since I have worked in science for most of my life before being a full time writer it was fab.

I'd seen Kate Humble from BBC Springwatch standing by the gates just inside Hay in the morning and was dying to tell her all about Wild n Free but it didn't seem like the right moment. I had tickets for her afternoon talk anyway. Then later I saw she was supposed to be in the Telegraph hut they have there but again there were so many people. So I contented myself thinking I would not get the chance as there would be so many people at her talk and I didn't want to line up for ages to get a book signed.

Well then we had what they call a touch of serendipity. I was finishing my White Chocolate Mocha (yum by the way! And in capitals because I mean it was yum!) when I overheard someone saying she was at the RSPB stand. Hmm me thought. So off I went and there she was. So I waited for her to be free and then talked to her about the book, even gave her my thumbed through copy as I had no spares on me, and ... and this is the best bit, I asked her how she would feel about being one of the final judges next year, and knock me over with a buzzard primary feather ... she said yes!

So I am now delighted to announce ... and you heard it here first ... the final judges for the next Paws Animal Writing Competition are ....

Daniel Blythe ...  WEBSITE

Gill Lewis ... WEBSITE

And Kate Humble ... WEBSITE

The next competition opens on September 17th ... sign up for the newsletter on the Paws Website so you don't miss out!  Paws website: NEWSLETTER

This is a fab book by the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment